I don't lie when I say I'm going through the best moment of my life. I'm one of the few people who are so lucky as to be living where they want to live when they actually want to live there; and as to be doing what they want to do when they actually want to do it. Together with being so lucky as to have met some of the most wonderful people in the world, I think having found my real dream, my true vocation is what is making my life so wonderful. And it's the reason for me to make this blog. I want to use it as a tool for improving, for learning, for thinking... and why not, sharing (though I don't think I have much to share!).
Let's get to the point. La Bella Otero was a woman who left her home town because (for many reasons) she wasn't happy there, she followed her path by just doing what she wanted to do, which was dancing, acting... she was beautiful, she was talented, and most of all she would do whatever it took to live the way she wanted (some people would probably judge whether her actions were ethic or not, but who's an "angel" anyways?). I'm sure many people told her many times that her dreams were not real, that she was worth nothing or that she should just find a real job. In the end she became one of the most important actresses and dancers of her period all around the world (1868-1965). She was even the first Spanish woman staring in an American movie! Or even better! She hasn't been forgotten!
I decided to start this blog with La Bella Otero because she is an example for me. Also, I kind of feel identified with her (as many other people probably do too). Because as I said, she left... no, she didn't leave, she run away from where she was born. And some people would say: "She was such a coward she run away!" well, I think: "She was so smart she run away!". My best friend, Luís, always tells me that life is too short to stay in a place where you don't fit, where you're not understood, where you're not happy... I couldn't agree more with him. Let's take it differently: What would have happened if she hadn't run away in the first place? There probably wouldn't be La Bella Otero. And that makes me wonder how many people are there in the world who are too afraid to run away? (They all should be afraid of being unhappy!).
Wouldn't it be a dream to star as her in a musical?

No hay comentarios:
Publicar un comentario