4 abr 2012

Evita

So, as a challenge I decided to prepare and sing "Don't Cry for me, Argentina" from the musical Evita (Andrew Lloyd Weber). Well, if there is something I have is (voice) power so, innocent of me, I believed it wouldn't be difficult to male a fair version of that song. I had only heard the movie's version so, yeah, compared to that, of course I could make it. But then I saw a video of Patti Lupone, the first Evita Perón on stage. Why did I? Now I think I won't ever be able to sing that song! (of course, I don't mean that, i'll make it, it's a hard but wonderful chanllenge!). She doesn't only have a beautiful voice, she also has power, but, REAL power (I realized I just scream). When you listen to her, your whole body experiences all kind of emotions, you are completely paralyzed except for goose pimples going all over your body: from your arms to your face and then to your chest and your breasts and your legs... That's real talent and probably hard work too. 



This makes me think about something, when you get into something, in my case, cinema, musicals, theater...  in the end you don't only watch, you study everything and judge. The first time I did that I felt guilty. I went to see a play and  I almost hated it! All my friends loved it and I realized that if I had gone some time before I would have loved it too. And as my best friend Luíño said, I won't ever enjoy theater or movies like I did before. Anyways, it happened the same with Evita. I always thought Madonna was really nice singing "Don't cry for me, Argentina" but then I heard Lupone. I don't mean that Madonna wasn't good at all in that movie, it's just Patti Lupone's Evita is, objectively, superior. Anyway, I'll just put here both versions and you judge! (Patti Lupone's version starts at minute 2). Of course, this is my opinion, everyone is free to prefer whatever version! 

By the way, what a huge role to play, Eva Perón. And very difficult too: they sing every single word in this musical. It takes a lot of training and dedication, but wow, I'm sure playing her is the dream of any actress. Ah! In Patti Lupone's version, if you listen to the first 2 minutes you'l hear one of the best actors and singers of our time: Mandy Patinkin.


Have I said too much, there's nothing more I can think to say to you...

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario